Security Job in San Diego, California : CA 92121
Looking for Security Jobs? See currently available Security job openings on security.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
security.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any security job . We provide job resources for Security positions throughout the industry. security.jobs.net also provides Security jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Security by either city or state.
security.jobs.net is a security job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Security jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your security job search on security.jobs.net today.
Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer Job Description
- Document, audit, and evaluate risks to multiple corporate environments.
- Primarily engage with the integration project team and one-off requests for security engineering and solution architecting
- Ensures that all information security deployments are properly architected , implemented and have defined operational support.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends. Remain current, identify new functionality to meet business needs and foster knowledge sharing.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and teams • Assist with standards, process, and procedural updates as part of comprehensive remediation solutions
- Validate remediation by reviewing application updates or deployed mitigations to verify resolution.
- Provide security consulting services, as needed, to various projects to ensure all information security needs are met
- Work with minimal supervision and be responsible for independently making a broad range of critical decisions. Apply sound judgment, escalating issues and decisions to the appropriate executive when necessary.
San Diego Security Job
Information Security Engineer Job Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years with emphasis on global information risk management threat and/or vulnerability analysis and/or security monitoring/incident analysis. Demonstrated hands-on experience with vulnerability scanning tools as well as SIEM technology is required.
- Strong technical knowledge in information security including:
- Operating system administration for Windows and Linux servers, desktop Windows, servers and linux application and database security, network access control systems, and/or web development, network and Internet security
- Cloud and virtual hosting environments
- Technical knowledge in information security, and a combination of the following areas:
- Networking technology
- Windows/Linux servers
- Windows 10
- Palo Alto Firewall and Prisma Access
- Office 365/Azure
- AWS (EC2, ALB, WAF) and Azure AD, Cloud, direct connect
- Web applications like Apache or Tomcat
- Virtual servers Demonstrated familiarity with administration and use of networking devices including Cisco routers and switches, wireless access points, Palo Alto firewalls, load balancers and VPN devices.
- Working knowledge of IP-based protocols including the ability to perform network traffic analysis with Wireshark
- Membership in regional and national security organizations such as ISSA, ISC2, ISACA, ACFE, ECTF, Infragard, etc. desired
- Professional certification as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other industry recognized information security credential is preferred.
- Knowledge of network technology and information security monitoring practices. Must have demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- High level of personal integrity, ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and reflect appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Effective project management skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a clear, focused and concise manner. Ability to work with all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Proven ability to recognize opportunities for change and act as a catalyst for change management.