Security Job in Las Vegas, Nevada : NV 89119
Looking for Security Jobs? See currently available Security job openings on security.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
security.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any security job . We provide job resources for Security positions throughout the industry. security.jobs.net also provides Security jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Security by either city or state.
security.jobs.net is a security job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Security jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your security job search on security.jobs.net today.
Security Officer Job Description
Unarmed Security Officer - FULL TIME AVAILABLE
Customer Service Experience and Professionalism Required
Armed Forces, Law Enforcement, Resort & Casino experience is preferred.
New licensees are welcome.
Sharp, Professional and Highly Motivated candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is both physically and mentally demanding. It requires familiarity with computers and incident reporting, excellent verbal skills and the ability to walk/stand for long periods of time.
SECURITY OFFICER QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1. Active Nevada PILB Guard Card or Provisional Letter issued by the PILB (https://nevadapilb.glsuite.us);
- 2. Reliable transportation and a cell phone;
- 3. Open to Any Scheduling 24/7;
- 4. Fluency in English;
- 5. Be drug free and submit to a pre-employment drug test. We are a Drug-Free Workplace;
- 6. Submit to a criminal background check;
- 7. Be at least 18 years old;
- 8. Eligible to work in the United States.
SECURITY OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrol residential,retail, industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of people and property.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles or persons into restricted areas.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions and provide information.
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning.
- Escort individuals to specified locations and to provide protection.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Las Vegas Security Job
Security Officer Job Requirements
SECURITY OFFICER REQUIREMENTS:
- Public Safety and Security -- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data, property and institutions.
- English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to discern risk and call security or police in the event of an emergency (performing this work is not part of the position responsibilities).
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Education/Training -- High school diploma or equivalency required. College level courses in business or hospitality preferred.
- Experience/Knowledge: Must possess strong customer service background. Experience in similar position preferred.
- Computer Literacy -- Command of information system hardware/software is preferred. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Multiple language fluency is desirable. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Standing, sitting, walking. The employee may be required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of times as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time. Ability to work extended/flexible hours, weekends, and attend meetings as required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MSC, NV LIC #1791B