Security Job in Kansas City, Missouri : MO 64105
Looking for Security Jobs? See currently available Security job openings on security.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
security.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any security job . We provide job resources for Security positions throughout the industry. security.jobs.net also provides Security jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Security by either city or state.
security.jobs.net is a security job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Security jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your security job search on security.jobs.net today.
Ip Network Engineer
Ip Network Engineer Job Description
IP Network Engineer – 5 Reqs
This position leads the design, configuration, installation and maintenance of LAN, FAN, MAN and WAN IP networks as well as the purchase and installation of IP network hardware, assuring the operational effectiveness and efficiency of IP network engineering and operations services.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following competencies and expected results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translates business/customer requirements into IP network architectures, application delivery systems and process designs including internal and external cloud based solutions.
- Leads the design and configuration of internal and/or external IP network architectures as required for assigned projects, assuring that business, technical and security requirements are met.
- Coordinates IP network architecture design, configuration, installation and maintenance activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technologies, systems, applications, security requirements and environments.
- Collaborates across divisions to identify, architect and implement solutions.
- Monitors LAN, FAN, MAN and WAN IP networks for effectiveness, performance, traffic, growth requirements, and security.
- Generates and recommends ideas for improving LAN, FAN, MAN and WAN IP networks to ensure maximum performance, including upgrades, patches and new applications/equipment.
- Ensures that documentation complies with organization and IT standards and policies.
- Provides top-level technical support and guidance in troubleshooting IP network issues. Researches solutions to issues that cannot be resolved by routine procedures. Creates troubleshooting procedures and designs resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts. Ensures timely resolution of issues.
- Provides leadership for the IP Network Engineering and Operations team, including:
- Identifies innovative approaches to accomplish departmental goals, while maintaining alignment and compliance with business goals and strategies, corporate IT standards, industry best practices and Service Level Agreements.
- Approves and modifies the designs and architectures of IP networks (including mobile, wireless, remote access, application delivery systems and cloud connectivity, etc.) to ensure compliance with organization and IT standards and policies.
- Develops plans for maintaining IP network systems, applications, security and IP network configurations.
- Ensures timely resolution to system problems.
Kansas City Security Job
Ip Network Engineer Job Requirements
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to LAN, FAN, MAN and WAN IP networks.
- Expertise in established configuration management, IP network architecture development, IP network monitoring, application delivery systems, cloud computing environments and project methodologies.
- Understands and considers business goals, corporate IT standards, department strategy, service level agreements, labor forecasting, EVAs and budgetary implications.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other departments.
- Effective project team member, at times assuming leadership role for projects.
- Works on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Monitors emerging trends and evolving technologies, evaluating and understanding the implications for inclusion in department strategy.
- Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to architecture problems.
- Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
- Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with load-balancing and/or application delivery infrastructure is desirable. F5 specific would be even better.
- NERC CIP experience and knowledge highly beneficial.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically has one of the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 8 years IP network engineering and operations experience
- 11 years IP network engineering and operations experience